Kolache Factory Announces Opening of New Bakery-Café in Greenville
New, Innovative Food Product is Introduced to Powedersville Community
Houston, TX (October 24, 2017) - Unless you’ve been to Texas to indulge in its best-kept secret, you may be asking the question, “What is a kolache?” Kolaches are homemade, handcrafted pastries stuffed with a variety of the finest ingredients, such as fruits, meats, and cheeses.
Centuries ago in the Czech Republic, the kolache was born. A young girl was experimenting with dough; she rolled it, added plums, and tossed it in the oven. Her father grabbed it for a snack, bit in, and was greeted unexpectedly by warm plum juice. Moments later, he realized the savory magic that his daughter had created – and the legend lives on.
Beginning in 1850, Czech settlers arrived in Texas seeking opportunity, bringing tasty secrets with them. By late 20th century, yearly celebrations were established, to honor their culture and – mainly – to indulge in flavorful treats (like the kolache) together.
John and Jerri Banks founded the Kolache Factory in 1982, with a bold vision to satisfy the public’s need for a nutritional, high-quality breakfast that could be eaten ‘on the run’. For 35 years running, Kolache Factory franchises have delivered authentic, handmade pastries, fresh and warm right from the oven every time.
On Tuesday, December 5th, the newest Kolache Factory location will be opening in Greenville, South Carolina, as the first in the state. The newest location is at 8 Mallard Court in the growing suburb of Powdersville, and is a spacious 1,700 square foot bakery-café, meeting customers’ needs for fresh products and quick service – with call-ahead and online ordering and a drive-thru. The contact number for the new location is 864-605-7051. Soon, Kolache Factory will be Greenville’s premier go-to spot for breakfast/lunch lounging and get-togethers with friends, teams, and family.
Dean Lord is the proud owner of South Carolina’s very first Kolache Factory location, and bringing his ten-year dream of becoming a baker to life. Mr. Lord discovered kolaches when work brought him to Texas. “I have no doubt in my mind that folks will love our kolaches. There’s nothing like Kolache Factory available in Greenville right now and I’m excited to share unique and delicious pastries with our friends and neighbors,” said Lord. The bakery-café will be open Monday through Saturday, from 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., and Sunday from 7:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
This is the first of three stores Mr. Lord plans to open, to meet the needs of today’s fast-paced lifestyle and expanding economy up in upstate South Carolina. “Kolache Factory has a perfect business plan. On top of that, there’s no beating the taste of our fresh baked kolaches and pastries,” added Mr. Lord. Kolaches are self-contained and truly neat to eat, so they can be consumed anywhere – from the car, in the office, and on the sports field. The innovative, on-the-go kolache concept is perfect for anytime throughout the day, from breakfast to lunch to an afternoon snack, and it is a no-mess, nutritious, well-rounded meal.
Kolache Factory President, John Banks states, “We attribute our continuing growth to our unwavering commitment to providing the highest quality and freshest product at an affordable price. We’re looking forward to opening our next 50 locations across the country!” Franchise Times magazine recently named Kolache Factory one of the 300 biggest brands in franchising by worldwide sales in 2017. In addition, Entrepreneur magazine named it among the top 200 food-based franchises in 2017.
Across the nation, franchisees like Dean Lord are satisfying stomachs and providing people of all ages with a fulfilling start to the day. With Kolache Factory, breakfast or lunch are no longer a burden, but something to look forward to.
Each morning, Kolache Factory’s dedicated chefs bake all of our kolaches on-site, with a caring devotion to quality and freshness, serving up warm baked goods with a unique variety of nutritional, heart-warming ingredients. Along with kolaches, croissants, cinnamon rolls and strudel niks are offered at many locations.
- Free Breakfast for Veterans and Active Military 01-Nov-2018
- Kolache Factory Expands into Dallas County 05-Oct-2018
- Extra! Extra! Read All About It: FREE Coffee at Kolache Factory THIS Saturday! 26-Sep-2018
- Kolache Factory Awarded Prestigious Honor by Leukemia & Lymphoma Society 09-Aug-2018
- Local Foodie Wins National ‘Create a New Kolache’ Contest! 09-Aug-2018
- Local “Create a New Kolache” Contest 09-Aug-2018
- Kolache Factory Announces Opening of New Bakery-Café in Greenville 24-Oct-2017
- Texas-Based Kolache Factory Celebrates its 35th Anniversary with 35% Off All Items Promotion* 22-Aug-2017
- Kolache Factory Named A Top Food Franchise By Entrepreneur Magazine 06-Jun-2017
- Houston Bakery Creates National Craving for Czech-Inspired Pastries 28-Oct-2015
- Kolache Factory is thrilled to announce our multi-unit expansion in several cities across the nation 07-Apr-2015
- Houston Press: Kolache Factory Takes on Starbucks With Katz 13-Nov-2013
- Kolache Factory Offers Every Houstonian A Free Kolache 11-Jul-2013
- UPDATED: New Store in Lakewood // Lakewood CO Closes Shop 27-Jun-2013
- More Locations Added to Online Ordering 19-Jan-2013
- New Kolache Factory Opens in Plano, TX 19-Jan-2013
- Kolache Factory: East European indulgence with an American twist 14-Mar-2013
Mon - Sat 6AM to 2PM
Sunday - 7AM to 2PM
Some locations may open earlier.Holidays
Closed Christmas Day
New Year’s Day - 7am-2pm