Local “Create a New Kolache” Contest
KATY, Texas, May21, 2018 – Locals will compete to win free breakfast for a year during the “Create a New Kolache” contest.The Kolache Factory, a unique national pastry franchise with a store in our area is looking for a new kolache flavor. The customer who submits the best idea will win a free kolache and drink every day for a year.
How Sweet It Is!
Who: Anyone who enjoys a fresh and made kolache is eligible to submit an idea for a new kolache flavor to be featured at Kolache Factory stores.
What: Kolaches(pronounced koh-lah-chees) –are homemade, handcrafted pastries, stuffed with the finest fruits, meats and cheeses, served at breakfast and lunch. Move over bagels and donuts as kolaches are quickly becoming America’s favorite breakfast food.
How: Whether you create a flavor that’s savory, sweet or something totally unique, visitwww.kolachefactory.com/contestto submit the name of your kolache flavor and tell us the ingredients.
Where: The Kolache Factory will choose five finalists nation wide where Kolache Factory stores are located. From the finalists, a winning flavor will be chosen at the Kolache Olympics in Houston on July10, 2018.
The Kolache Olympics is an annual event where Kolache Factory employees nationwide submit new flavor ideas. This is the first-year customers can participate in the Kolache Olympics, too!The Kolache Factory will pick two winning flavors –one from an employee and one from a customer who enters the online contest.
Cooking up Great Prizes!
Four finalists nationwide will win a free fresh kolache every day for six months.
Grand prize winner will enjoy a free fresh kolache and drink every day for a year.
When: The contest runs from May 21–June30at www.kolachefactory.com/contest
We invite the media to cover the “Create a New Kolache Contest”anytime during the contest period.TV crews are welcome at local Kolache Factory stores for a LIVE shot. Local reporters are welcome to come watch and help make kolaches at our local stores!
OR the local owner/baker can come to your newsroom with kolaches to taste-test and your reporters can learn how to make kolaches or come up with ingredients to create their own.
Why: The“Create a New Kolache Contest”is a way for loyal customers to become part of the long history and tradition of the beloved-kolache. They’re famous in Texas where the Kolache Factory started after settlers from the Czech Republic brought the European delicacy to the States in the 1850s. With more busy Americans eating on-the-go, kolaches offer a nutritious, freshly-baked alternative to the typical breakfast sandwich bought on-the-run in an impersonal drive-thru. Their freshly-baked popularity is growing nationwide as people embrace the taste of kolaches both sweet and savory. What’s the next great kolache flavor? Our customers will decide!
About the Kolache Factory
Kolache Factory was founded in 1982 in Houston, Texas, by John and Jerri Banks, who identified a need for a fresh, high-quality breakfast that could be eaten “on the run.” The Bankses encouraged consumers to try the high-quality, fresh pastries filled with fruits, meat and cheeses and soon they were in high demand for business meetings, family breakfasts, on-the-go lunches and afternoon snacks. Kolache Factory has been recognized as one of the Top 5 Drive-Thrus in America by Food Network, one of the fastest growing companies in Houston and one of the top 50 food service bakeries in the United States by Modern Baking magazine. In addition, Franchise Times magazine recently named Kolache Factory one of the 300 biggest brands in franchising by worldwide sales in 2017. In addition, Entrepreneur magazine named it among the top 200 food-based franchises in 2017. Kolache Factory is privately owned and operated and headquartered in Katy, Texas. For more information please visit www.kolachefactory.com.
- Kolache Factory Ranked a Top Franchise in Entrepreneur’s Highly Competitive 40th Annual Franchise 50 18-Jan-2019
- Kolache Factory Gives Away Free Breakfast for a Year at Magnolia Grand Opening 16-Nov-2018
- Free Breakfast for Veterans and Active Military 01-Nov-2018
- Kolache Factory Expands into Dallas County 05-Oct-2018
- Extra! Extra! Read All About It: FREE Coffee at Kolache Factory THIS Saturday! 26-Sep-2018
- Kolache Factory Awarded Prestigious Honor by Leukemia & Lymphoma Society 09-Aug-2018
- Local Foodie Wins National ‘Create a New Kolache’ Contest! 09-Aug-2018
- Local “Create a New Kolache” Contest 09-Aug-2018
- Kolache Factory Announces Opening of New Bakery-Café in Greenville 24-Oct-2017
- Texas-Based Kolache Factory Celebrates its 35th Anniversary with 35% Off All Items Promotion* 22-Aug-2017
- Kolache Factory Named A Top Food Franchise By Entrepreneur Magazine 06-Jun-2017
- Houston Bakery Creates National Craving for Czech-Inspired Pastries 28-Oct-2015
- Kolache Factory is thrilled to announce our multi-unit expansion in several cities across the nation 07-Apr-2015
- Houston Press: Kolache Factory Takes on Starbucks With Katz 13-Nov-2013
- Kolache Factory Offers Every Houstonian A Free Kolache 11-Jul-2013
- UPDATED: New Store in Lakewood // Lakewood CO Closes Shop 27-Jun-2013
- More Locations Added to Online Ordering 19-Jan-2013
- New Kolache Factory Opens in Plano, TX 19-Jan-2013
- Kolache Factory: East European indulgence with an American twist 14-Mar-2013
Mon - Sat 6AM to 2PM
Sunday - 7AM to 2PM
Some locations may open earlier.Holidays
Closed Christmas Day
New Year’s Day - 7am-2pm