Kolache Factory Challenge 5K Returns to Houston March 9th
Food-Themed Race Supports Families in Need and Pays Homage to a Houston Food Icon
HOUSTON, Texas – (February 2019) – The most delicious food run in the Space City returns to Houston’s Energy Corridor District on Saturday, March 9, with the Kolache Factory Challenge 5k!
The 2nd Annual Kolache Factory Challenge 5K, sponsored by Katy-based Kolache Factory, puts its promise of offering fresh, high-quality kolache pastries “on-the-run,” to the test.
The Challenge? Runners will be tasked with eating THREE sausage and cheese kolaches halfway through the 5K and then complete the rest of the race.
There is also a Casual 5K option, plus a Kids 1K run, plus a Virtual 5k race, otherwise known as the “sleep-in option” for those who want to earn some swag (medal/shirt/bib/free kolache voucher) without actually showing up at the road race. A virtual runner can run the 5k when and where they want, whether it’s on a treadmill at home, on an out of town business trip, or in their own mind. You can participate from anywhere. This race truly offers something for everyone!
Free kolaches from the Kolache Factory await all at the finish line, as well as a celebratory Saint Arnold Beer for participants 21 and older!
“We are thrilled to be back as the title sponsor of this growing event,” said Dawn Nielsen, Chief Operating Officer at Kolache Factory. “We invite runners — and walkers — of all ages to come out to the Energy Corridor, have fun, enjoy eating our kolaches during and after the 5K, and do it knowing you are supporting a good cause.”
The Kolache Factory Challenge 5K is THE food-themed race to support as it not only pays homage to the Lone Star State’s defining pastry — the kolache, but it also supports individuals and families who have fallen on hard times. A portion of all registration/sponsorship fees will benefit Memorial Assistance Ministries (MAM). MAM’s mission is to assure that families and individuals have the means to meet their basic needs to avoid financial crisis and homelessness and enabling long-term self-sufficiency.
“The Kolache Factory Challenge 5K at the Energy Corridor is a fitting fundraiser to help our families,” said Martha Macris, MAM President and CEO. “Our clients survive on very limited resources and could use an energy boost. A fun event fueled by our hometown Kolache icon is just the way to keep families energized in their own marathons. Thank you to Kolache Factory, Run 365 and the Energy Corridor District for always keeping
The Race Details: kolachechallenge5k.com
Challenge 5K – Eat three (3) kolaches at the 1.5-mile mark and head to the finish line!
Casual 5K – Enjoy one (1) kolache at the 1.5-mile mark and save the rest until you cross the finish line.
Virtual 5K – Enjoy sleeping in but still earn race swag and visit Kolache Factory on your own time.
'Kolache Kids' Fun Run 1K – Untimed fun run for ages 12 and under. One parent per child may participate for free during the event.
Are you up for the challenge? Register today and help us spread the word about this exciting new Houston-based food race!
Before the race: Interview Kolache Factory Chief Operating Officer Dawn Nielsen in-newsroom or at a Kolache Factory store.
Talent can learn how to make a great kolache on-air OR do a fun taste-test to see if they can guess what’s in the most popular kolaches.
At the race: Interview Kolache Factory Chief Operating Office Dawn Nielsen and participants who are eating their kolaches “on-the-run.”
After the race: Run video or photos of this new Texan tradition because everyone needs a little kolache fun in their life!
About Kolache Factory
Kolache Factory has been recognized across the country as one of the Top 5 Drive-thru’s in America by the Food Network, one of the fastest growing companies in Houston, and was recently named one of the top 50 food service bakeries in the United States by Modern Baking magazine. In addition, Franchise Times magazine listed Kolache Factory as one of the top 20 bakery-cafés to watch. We have also developed innovative partnerships with Major League sports franchises.
Kolache Factory is privately owned and operated, and headquartered in Houston, Texas. There are currently 21 company-owned and 21 franchise stores primarily located in the Houston, TX area, with additional stores located in Beaumont, TX; Austin, TX; Plano, TX; McAllen, TX; Indianapolis, IN; St. Louis, MO; Overland Park, KS.Other stores will be opening soon in various cities around the country.
- Kolache Factory Challenge 5K Returns to Houston March 9th 15-Feb-2019
- Kolache Factory Ranked a Top Franchise in Entrepreneur’s 40th Annual Franchise 500 18-Jan-2019
- Kolache Factory Gives Away Free Breakfast for a Year at Magnolia Grand Opening 16-Nov-2018
- Free Breakfast for Veterans and Active Military 01-Nov-2018
- Kolache Factory Expands into Dallas County 05-Oct-2018
- Extra! Extra! Read All About It: FREE Coffee at Kolache Factory THIS Saturday! 26-Sep-2018
- Kolache Factory Awarded Prestigious Honor by Leukemia & Lymphoma Society 09-Aug-2018
- Local Foodie Wins National ‘Create a New Kolache’ Contest! 09-Aug-2018
- Local “Create a New Kolache” Contest 09-Aug-2018
- Kolache Factory Announces Opening of New Bakery-Café in Greenville 24-Oct-2017
- Texas-Based Kolache Factory Celebrates its 35th Anniversary with 35% Off All Items Promotion* 22-Aug-2017
- Kolache Factory Named A Top Food Franchise By Entrepreneur Magazine 06-Jun-2017
- Houston Bakery Creates National Craving for Czech-Inspired Pastries 28-Oct-2015
- Kolache Factory is thrilled to announce our multi-unit expansion in several cities across the nation 07-Apr-2015
- Houston Press: Kolache Factory Takes on Starbucks With Katz 13-Nov-2013
- Kolache Factory Offers Every Houstonian A Free Kolache 11-Jul-2013
- UPDATED: New Store in Lakewood // Lakewood CO Closes Shop 27-Jun-2013
- More Locations Added to Online Ordering 19-Jan-2013
- New Kolache Factory Opens in Plano, TX 19-Jan-2013
- Kolache Factory: East European indulgence with an American twist 14-Mar-2013
Mon - Sat 6AM to 2PM
Sunday - 7AM to 2PM
Some locations may open earlier.Holidays
Closed Christmas Day
New Year’s Day - 7am-2pm