- What is a kolache? A kolache is a warm, delicious, slightly sweet fresh-baked pastry traditionally filled with sausage, cheese, or fruit. Like our ancestors, we make our dough daily from scratch at Kolache Factory, using the finest, freshest ingredients.
- What is the history of the kolache? The kolache originated in Eastern Europe, and dates as far back as the 1700's. The original product was a pastry filled with fruit. Kolache Factory makes its pastry dough using its time tested recipe. Our pastries are filled with a variety of the freshest ingredients including fruit, meat and cheese.
- Why are kolaches unique? Kolaches are self-contained and neat to eat. They can be conveniently consumed anywhere, from the car, to group or business meetings, to the baseball field. Kolache Factory features 25 different kolaches that are perfect to eat anytime. Kolaches are the ideal choice for a nutritious, “on the go” meal.
- Are your locations Wi-Fi enabled?Yes, some of our select locations have a wireless network available for visitors. Please check your location to confirm they currently are providing it.
- How do I cancel my order?Simply log back into your account click on homepage select your order and there you may cancel or modify your order. Orders cannot be canceled after they have been sent to the store.
- How soon after I place my order is it received by the store?All orders are sent to the store a minimum of 45 minutes prior to pick up. Larger orders will require more prep time.
- If I entered my credit card online, why is the store requesting it?Your card is charged once the order is sent to the store for fulfillment. To cancel or modify you will need to contact the store directly.
- If I placed my order at the wrong store what do I do?It is highly recommended you double check the address of your preferred store before placing your online order. If the order has not yet been sent to the store you can log back in under the home page choose your order and then change your location. If your order has already been submitted you will need to pick up your order at the store you placed it at. We also suggest calling the store directly to ensure they have your order. Should you choose to pick up at another location and not cancel your original order we cannot guarantee you will not be charged twice.
- Is my credit card charged immediately when I place my order?No, your credit card will not be charged until your order is filled.
- Do you ship only over night?Yes
- Do you ship outside of US?No. Not at this time.
- How are the kolaches packed?Safely. We use a corrugated box, lined with foam. Your kolaches are then sealed in a plastic bag and then placed into cool foil pouch with ice packs that help keep your kolaches frozen during transit.
- How do I heat my kolaches?We recommend you microwave them. For 1-2 kolaches, microwave for 10-15 seconds; for 3-4 kolaches, microwave for 15-20 seconds; and for 5-6 kolaches, microwave for 25-30 seconds. It's best to microwave kolaches in 5-10 second increments, checking the temperature each time, rather than cooking them for long periods.
Whatever you do, don't "nuke" a kolache! This tends to turn them into something resembling a hockey puck. If you are re-heating several kolaches at once, you might want to use a conventional oven, preheated to 325 degrees. Arrange kolaches on an ungreased cookie sheet and heat for 5 minutes.
- What days do you ship out?Monday thru Wednesdays only. We do not ship the week of Christmas or on major holidays.
- Why didn't my package arrive as scheduled?Contact us here or call us at 281-829-6188 x100.
- Why is shipping so expensive?Overnight freight is costly and is based on weight and the size of the box. We do our best to try to keep this down but we cannot control the cost of shipping that is set by the shipping provider.
- Do all stores deliver?Most stores can deliver, however, it is highly recommended you contact the store nearest you to find out specifics or visit us at kolachefactorytogo.com.
- Is there a delivery fee and or minimum for delivery?Delivery minimums and fees are set by store location. To find out what those are please contact the store or visit us at kolachefactorytogo.com.
- How much notice is required for catering events?Large catering events serving 100 people or more we kindly ask for a weeks’ notice if needing service and set-up. If you are looking for a food delivery only 48 hours is preferred.
- I need to cater an event for a large group, who do I contact?Submit the Catering Estimate Form or call us at 855-KOLACHE and our staff will be happy to assist you.
Mon - Sat 6AM to 2PM
Closed Christmas Day
Mon - Sat 6AM to 2PM
Sunday - 7AM to 2PM
Some locations may open earlier.Holidays
Closed Christmas Day
New Year’s Day - 7am-2pm